[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Deus Ex: Evolved - View topic - Re: Suggestions for FT

Re: Suggestions for FT

Do you have something that you'd like to see in Face Town, the new RPG coming soon to DXMP? Here's the place to do it!

Suggestions for FT

Postby Fuzz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks, Face!  8-)

Right heres my suggestion, I'd love to see various concepts of the RPG Willing that there is a story (MMCity) So it fits into the actual DeusEx theme.Ill start off with weaponry;
As in MMCity there were various weapons i.e Desert eagle and "Glocks" in which you could mod with "Lasers and Scopes". You could have custom knives i think which was in the first test.
---
Actual Role playing;
A few aspects from MMCity was Jobs... Very successful in DeusEx as most other RPG's failed. I worked up a job of a hitman! [smiley=evil.gif]
---
Side missions;
Yet another aspect from MMCity was the "Hooker" mission inwhich it was a unique mission to each player was that you had to take out a "Pimp" in MMClub i think which was awesome.
---
Mapping & Computer AI;

The AI of NPC's could be editted to be more "Player like" in-which most do different things, and have some voices too (I could help with voices)
Mapping could be more higher quality (Not saying anything here) As it will be a BIG modification. So, You have no limit. 26,000kb was the overall map he created and modelled. the mods where a lot bigger.
I think a few "Locals" and a supermarket (Yes! a supermarket) would be Brilliant in setting a Real life theme!

~Fuzzy im out for now ill think of more and jot them down!

Postby Fuzz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 pm

In-game Interaction;
Voice chat. (optional for players?)
Level up throughout the game.
Like this;
Hobo
Civillian
Respected Civillian
Civil Engineer (Certain jobs only)
Accountants

(If there is an update... Patch?)
This is extreme coding me thinkz.

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi Fuzz,

Quite a few ideas I see, thanks :). Firstly, let me say, when I refer to Face Town as an RPG, I literally do mean RPG and not a wannabe-RPG. Face Town is not simply one of these maps you see hosted prefixed with RPG where all you have to do is unlock the door to a "weapons shop" and that's it. In Face Town you will have to complete missions in order to progress (i.e. increase your skills, money, etc). Some areas of the map are off limits until you have accepted different missions or completed them - it's not a free for all! There are also other missions that are purely optional, you don't have to do them, but if you do, you get cool stuff in return. There's also a goals screen to keep track of missions that you're currently trying to complete or have actually completed. All player progress is stored, so even if the player logs out or the server crashes :o, nothing is lost. Players also have individual usernames and passwords, so troublemakers can easily be dealt with.

Re: Unique missions - this is something that is fundamental to Face Town. I didn't want players to simply share keypad codes etc with each other, so when a player accepts a mission,  things like the key codes are all different; player's can't piggyback through a mission on another player!

Mapping & Computer AI:

The characters in Face Town will do their own "day to day" things. Example, you might be in the club and one of them will randomly go over to the bar, buy a drink and then go back and sit down. Or they might leave and head towards the Subway and catch a train home.

Map quality: I'm currently in the process of modelling a lot of stuff to enhance the geometry. I'm not holding back, filesize is not an issue as downloads are blocked from server and the only way to get the map will be to register and download once validated.

Re: Supermarket, there is one already ;).
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I asked him some questions. I didn't like his answers."

http://www.facedesigns.co.uk/
Home of the Disclosure Mod and RPG Face Town for DXMP

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Re: Weapons - I'll make a post about this soon. Face Town is not fighting centred, although there are places you can go to fight. That's all I'll say for now ;).

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Postby Fuzz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Postby Fuzz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Return to RPG Face Town Suggestions, Ideas, Comments...