Re: Custom augs?

Do you have something that you'd like to see in Face Town, the new RPG coming soon to DXMP? Here's the place to do it!

Custom augs?

Postby Scarface » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:30 am

Not sure if this was mentioned before, or if you have already implemented this into the mod. But maybe you could have custom augs.

Just a few i quickly thought of could be:
Heat sensing vision, if anyone has seen the film aliens vs predator.
Night vision.

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Postby GWA » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:44 am

Custom augs would be interesting. Maybe a market structure could be designed and implemented too in which new custom augs are sold to the highest bidder.  :)

That way it promotes entreprenuership in-game for custom aug builders and a fully functioning economy will ensue....Oh the possibilities!
EA Sports Supprt Line caller: "I downloaded the game and still want my money back!"

Most Valuable Newb

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 am

Not sure if this was mentioned before, or if you have already implemented this into the mod. But maybe you could have custom augs.

Just a few i quickly thought of could be:
Heat sensing vision, if anyone has seen the film aliens vs predator.
Night vision.

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Nice idea. I do intend on altering the augs to suit the gametype more and have had a couple of ideas for custom augs myself. I've just started replaying Invisible War again and like some of the augs you get there, including the blackmarket ones  ;).

-Face
"I asked him some questions. I didn't like his answers."

http://www.facedesigns.co.uk/
Home of the Disclosure Mod and RPG Face Town for DXMP

Postby Scarface » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Was also thinking of a sound aug. Maybe in some missions, you want to sneak past some guards and you can hear his footsteps as the aug amplifies it.

Postby TriadSte » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Thats a very covert aug right there Scarface.

Heres one that may be a little too much but as AVP has been mentioned an aug which you can crawl on top of ceilings for a certain time so you can pass guards easily.

Postby Shadowrunner » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm

From what I played, both sound good.

I really like the idea of that emerging technology market.

You can buy prototype augs, they'll do really powerful stuff like crawl on ceilings, but boy... they'll drain and occasionally blow up or go bad on you or wear out if you use them for more than a few seconds, the effectiveness of the aug diminishes.

I imagine Adam Jensen's hand grabbing the wrong bodypart, having a mind of it's own etc...

Return to RPG Face Town Suggestions, Ideas, Comments...