So what\'s the deal?

Check this out for all things related to the Disclosure modification for Deus Ex.
silent_watcher

So what\'s the deal?

Postby silent_watcher » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:40 pm

I was looking up some links and discovered this little mod. I thought it looked cool, so I clicked the demo download link. Only neither link is functional. Then I realized the last news post was three years ago. I looked up the forums and it seems there have only been 4 posts in the past two years.  

So, is this mod dead? Alive? In cryogenic stasis, awaiting reanimation in some far-off, distant eon when the silent, metallic mothership reaches its final destination? (much like UNATCO Reborn, whose title, I realize, is ironically appropriate).

mfms

Re: So what\'s the deal?

Postby mfms » Fri May 06, 2005 2:07 pm

*ahem*

Actually it's both. I'm not too good with quantum physics so i can't completely explain it, but, what happened with Disclosure is that while Face was designing Eagle and Shard popped up and created a time-bending machine that would bend time(doh), unfortunately during it's activation something broke and it created a spatial dimension within time & space and slowly pushed the Disclosure modification(and Face, mind you) into the event horizon of a black hole - so technically it's just stuck in time..
Point is, we are still waiting for Jim(bob?) to finish his Slipstream engine, we wouldn't want to go near the black hole without one, but when we have that we'll be able to pull Face and Disclosure out of the event horizon

I'll draw a sketch later

Now!
About the demo, i'll upload it somewhere for you so you can fetch it.

Edit : Dammit, i forgot the link
www.tranquilite.com/DisclosureDemo.zip
Enjoy ;)
*Runs off to complete the Slipstream engine*

IT'S MINE! ALL MINE! *choke* Mjihihihihihihihi
Last edited by mfms on Fri May 06, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admin

Postby [(Face)] » Fri May 06, 2005 8:23 pm

I'm still about and I still work on Disclosure, but it seems to be one of those projects that doesn't  get very far fast... That might be because I'm also now doing some maps in the Source engine for Half Life 2... Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the project isn't dead but don't expect anything tomorrow ;-).

Thanks for your interest in the mod, I'll be uploading the demo to another server (thanks Tranq for posting it, I seemed to have lost my original zip!).

Face
"I asked him some questions. I didn't like his answers."

http://www.facedesigns.co.uk/
Home of the Disclosure Mod and RPG Face Town for DXMP

dafrood

Postby dafrood » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:06 pm

Couldn't you just have switched to the UT engine?  :P

Return to Disclosure Modification